Turn-key Systems for Surface Treatment
Clemco Denmark provides complete process systems with or without robotic automation within shot blasting, metallizing and airless painting. The planning of a process plant requires heavy demands on experience and project management.
TURN-KEY SOLUTIONS WITH ROBOTS
- Clemco Denmark delivers turn-key solutions within robot automatized shot blasting, metallizing and airless spray painting.
- Our robot solutions have the highest transfer efficiency rates (TE Rates) in the industry.
- Based on data collection and wel-known technologies we customize each solution to fit our customers' needs.
- After analysing the data it is possible to uptimize the amount of all consumption parameters; grit, zinc wire and paint.
- Robots are programmed for the absolute uptimizing of all materials and there will be only very limited overlaps, and masking is not necessary.
Turn-key solutions with robots
Clemco Denmark can assist and support in preparing a project plan that includes lay-out drawings for conveyor lines, abrasive blasting booths, wheel blasting machines, metallization booths, painting booths and flash-off cabins with or without IR drying.
Surface treatment with shot blasting, metallization and paint spraying with polyurethane and epoxy requires a thorough layout planning in order to achieve a high productivity and safety. Clemco Denmark provides complete process systems with or without robotic automation. The planning of a process plant requires heavy demands on experience and project management. We have managed many big projects in countries like China, Chile, Taiwan, Scotland, the Baltic States and Poland.
Clemco robotic solutions
Clemco Denmark delivers turn-key solutions within robot automatized shot blasting, metallizing and airless painting. Each process has specific requirements about durability, maintenance and safety. Our robot solutions have the highest transfer efficiency rates (TE-Rates) offered in the industry, and is developed through long working relationships with our customers and suppliers. This is a partnership we, at any time, will make available in a project. Clemco Denmark has developed its own dual chamber shot blasting systems and is today the market leader in robotic blasting.
For paint spraying we can achieve a high transfer efficiency rate through a 3-component painting system, using solvent as the third component which makes it possible to fine tune spray patterns very accurately, as required in robot painting. On our metallization systems, we can also adjust the spray pattern by programming special power curves and air support to obtain accurate spray patterns. These customized solutions are based on well-known technologies that have proven its worth and durability for many years in this industry.
Process control and safety
Process control of consumption of grit, metallization wire and paint
Process control is handled with flow meters even on our shot blasting systems that measure air flow and grit flow. All consumption parameters of grit, paint and metallization wire can be logged and read out for optimizing consumptions of materials. The use of robots has great importance in order to measure the exact consumption per item being produced.
One of the cornerstones of safety in a process system is correct ventilation to eliminate the risk of explosion of metallization dust and ignition of solvents. We use advanced safety and surveillance solutions and of course back flow valves and explosion membranes preventing back-fire in the filter compartments. We also offer VOC monitoring inside and outside Atex zones for detection of a possible leak in the feed lines of paints and solvents.
Our alarm systems are built-up in 5 separate levels to be able to interrupt processes separately in a way that the entire coating line is not being interrupted during the operation. This is to ensure that you can maintain other parts and areas of the coating treatment system, even though, for example, a spray tip is blocked.
To avoid the robot tool colliding with parts or installations, we perform simulation of the robots' movements in relation to its surroundings. In that way we measure the reach of the robot and can determine the size of the tool and capacity in relation to the surfaces being shot blasted or spray painted. Of course, you can also avoid the most common collision errors and ensure that the robot has enough space to perform movements in the outer positions in the robot program.
Reducing the use of masking on surfaces
By using calibrated spray tips and changing the spray pattern on the metallizing guns in service (in situ), it is possible to reduce the use of masking on surfaces. Special spray tips made for spray painting with robots, create a more accurate spray fan justifying a higher price. Being able to control the spray pattern exactly as you want, you avoid excessive overlap between the spray fans, and save huge amounts of paint, and wear on the equipment is decreased to a minimum. That makes the total costs of masking and painting reduced to the lowest possible level.
Clemco Denmark uses metallization guns engineered exactly to the surface to be metallized. If the gap in capacity is too wide in relation to the surface to be metallized, we equip the robot tool with two different metallization guns programmed to metallize different parts of the object. It is possible to change the spray fan while the gun is in operation to be able to minimize the gun overspray in areas where it otherwise would have been necessary to use masking tape or masking plates.
Our services in delivering turn-key systems
- We prepare a layout and locate booths, ventilation systems, equipment, robots and conveyor lines
- We prepare molding drawings for foundations and anchoring points for machinery and equipment
- We determine the consumption points for electricity and compressed air after having established energy volumes
- We provide our know-how within safety and environmental approvals and possible earthquake protection
- We prepare process times for each process and calculate consumption amounts of grit, paint and metallization wire to be able to compare with the expected savings
- We prepare a complete safety circuit including alarm with multiple levels of robot safety, conveyor safeties and access control during operation of the system
- We deliver a complete spare part list and expected life spans on consumable parts that are included in the maintenance program
- We perform quality control and "dry" testing of the equipment before delivering on site by our own shipping companies that cover most of the world
- We set up the complete line with our own supervisors and project managers
- We establish a project plan prepared to include the clients' overall project management
- We introduce the individual procedures to respect the agreed transfer efficiency rates and process times
- We train operators and technicians in the maintenance of the installation and replacement of key components
- We prepare risk analysis on the use of the coating system for each process, and provide independent analysis of metallization dust to achieve extreme safety during operation
- We provide personal protective equipment for operators and training in the use of the equipment
- We offer a full CE approval of the entire solution
- We have the necessary insurance and permits for the installation of epoxy and polyurethane systems and we are able to accommodate most HSSE requirements during the work
Please contact Frederik Nielsen on e-mail: email@example.com or on phone +45 4042 5002 if you want to discuss the options concerning a turn-key coating system.
From planning to production
The planning of a process plant requires heavy demands on experience and project management. Each process has specific requirements about durability, maintenance and safety.